Worth County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Worth County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Worth County, Georgia. You can contact the Worth County Assessor for:
- Checking the Worth County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
201 N Main StThe Worth County Assessor's Office is located in Sylvester, Georgia. Sylvester is the county seat of Worth County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Worth County Courthouse, at 201 North Main Street, Room 16.
Worth County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Worth County Information
Worth County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Worth County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Worth County Tax Appraiser.
- The Worth County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Worth County.
- The Worth County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Worth County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Worth County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Worth County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Worth County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-776-8203. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Worth County assessor's office at 229-776-8244. Please call the assessor's office in Sylvester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Worth County Courthouse at 229-776-8200.