Wilkinson County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Wilkinson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wilkinson County, Georgia. You can contact the Wilkinson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Wilkinson County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 161The Wilkinson County Assessor's Office is located in Irwinton, Georgia. Irwinton is the county seat of Wilkinson County, where most local government offices are located.
Wilkinson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wilkinson County Information
Wilkinson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wilkinson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wilkinson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wilkinson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wilkinson County.
- The Wilkinson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wilkinson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wilkinson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wilkinson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wilkinson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-946-2076. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wilkinson County assessor's office at 478-946-3767. Please call the assessor's office in Irwinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wilkinson County Courthouse at 478-946-2236.