Wilkes County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Wilkes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wilkes County, Georgia. You can contact the Wilkes County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Wilkes County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Wilkes County Assessor's Office is located in Washington, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Wilkes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wilkes County Information
Wilkes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wilkes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wilkes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wilkes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wilkes County.
- The Wilkes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wilkes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wilkes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wilkes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wilkes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-678-7732. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Washington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352