Wilcox County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Wilcox County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wilcox County, Georgia. You can contact the Wilcox County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Wilcox County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
103 N Broad StThe Wilcox County Assessor's Office is located in Abbeville, Georgia. Abbeville is the county seat of Wilcox County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wilcox County Courthouse, at 103 North Broad Street.
Wilcox County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wilcox County Information
Wilcox County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wilcox County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wilcox County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wilcox County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wilcox County.
- The Wilcox County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wilcox County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wilcox County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wilcox County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wilcox County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-467-2428. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wilcox County assessor's office at 229-467-2000. Please call the assessor's office in Abbeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wilcox County Courthouse at 229-467-2737.