Whitfield County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Whitfield County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Whitfield County, Georgia. You can contact the Whitfield County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Whitfield County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
300 W Crawford StThe Whitfield County Assessor's Office is located in Dalton, Georgia. Dalton is the county seat of Whitfield County, where most local government offices are located.
Whitfield County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Whitfield County Information
Whitfield County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Whitfield County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Whitfield County Tax Appraiser.
- The Whitfield County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Whitfield County.
- The Whitfield County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Whitfield County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Whitfield County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Whitfield County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Whitfield County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-275-7410. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Whitfield County assessor's office at 706-275-7544. Please call the assessor's office in Dalton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Whitfield County Courthouse at 706-275-7500.