Upson County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Upson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Upson County, Georgia. You can contact the Upson County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Upson County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
106 E Lee StreetThe Upson County Assessor's Office is located in Thomaston, Georgia. Thomaston is the county seat of Upson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Upson County government, at 116 West Main Street.
Upson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Upson County Information
Upson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Upson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Upson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Upson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Upson County.
- The Upson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Upson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Upson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Upson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Upson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-647-8176. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Upson County assessor's office at 706-647-7818. Please call the assessor's office in Thomaston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Upson County government at 706-647-7012.