Twiggs County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Twiggs County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Twiggs County, Georgia. You can contact the Twiggs County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Twiggs County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 202The Twiggs County Assessor's Office is located in Jeffersonville, Georgia. Jeffersonville is the county seat of Twiggs County, where most local government offices are located.
Twiggs County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Twiggs County Information
Twiggs County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Twiggs County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Twiggs County Tax Appraiser.
- The Twiggs County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Twiggs County.
- The Twiggs County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Twiggs County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Twiggs County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Twiggs County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Twiggs County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-945-3663. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Twiggs County assessor's office at 478-945-6008. Please call the assessor's office in Jeffersonville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Twiggs County Courthouse at 478-945-3629.