Turner County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Turner County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Turner County, Georgia. You can contact the Turner County Assessor for:
- Checking the Turner County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 191The Turner County Assessor's Office is located in Ashburn, Georgia. Ashburn is the county seat of Turner County, where most local government offices are located.
Turner County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Turner County Information
Turner County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Turner County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Turner County Tax Appraiser.
- The Turner County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Turner County.
- The Turner County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Turner County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Turner County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Turner County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Turner County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-567-2334. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Turner County assessor's office at 229-567-4794. Please call the assessor's office in Ashburn before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Turner County Courthouse at 229-567-4313.