Troup County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Troup County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Troup County, Georgia. You can contact the Troup County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Troup County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Troup County Assessor's Office is located in LaGrange, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Troup County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Troup County Information
Troup County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Troup County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Troup County Tax Appraiser.
- The Troup County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Troup County.
- The Troup County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Troup County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Troup County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Troup County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Troup County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-883-1625. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Troup County assessor's office at 706-883-1734. Please call the assessor's office in LaGrange before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352