Treutlen County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Treutlen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Treutlen County, Georgia. You can contact the Treutlen County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Treutlen County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1830 Martin Luther King JR DriveThe Treutlen County Assessor's Office is located in Soperton, Georgia. Soperton is the county seat of Treutlen County, where most local government offices are located.
Treutlen County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Treutlen County Information
Treutlen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Treutlen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Treutlen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Treutlen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Treutlen County.
- The Treutlen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Treutlen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Treutlen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Treutlen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Treutlen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-529-4343. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Treutlen County assessor's office at 912-529-6838. Please call the assessor's office in Soperton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Treutlen County government at 912-529-3664.