Towns County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Towns County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Towns County, Georgia. You can contact the Towns County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Towns County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Towns County Assessor's Office is located in Hiawassee, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Towns County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Towns County Information
Towns County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Towns County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Towns County Tax Appraiser.
- The Towns County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Towns County.
- The Towns County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Towns County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Towns County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Towns County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Towns County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-896-3984. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Towns County assessor's office at 706-896-6980. Please call the assessor's office in Hiawassee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352