Tift County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Tift County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tift County, Georgia. You can contact the Tift County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Tift County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 826The Tift County Assessor's Office is located in Tifton, Georgia. Tifton is the county seat of Tift County, where most local government offices are located.
Tift County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tift County Information
Tift County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tift County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tift County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tift County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tift County.
- The Tift County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tift County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tift County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tift County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tift County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-386-7840. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tift County assessor's office at 229-386-7844. Please call the assessor's office in Tifton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tift County Courthouse at 229-386-7850.