Terrell County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Terrell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Terrell County, Georgia. You can contact the Terrell County Assessor for:
- Checking the Terrell County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Terrell County Assessor's Office is located in Dawson, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Terrell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Terrell County Information
Terrell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Terrell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Terrell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Terrell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Terrell County.
- The Terrell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Terrell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Terrell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Terrell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Terrell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-995-5210. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Terrell County assessor's office at 229-995-3096. Please call the assessor's office in Dawson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352