Telfair County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Telfair County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Telfair County, Georgia. You can contact the Telfair County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Telfair County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Telfair County Assessor's Office is located in McRae, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Telfair County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Telfair County Information
Telfair County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Telfair County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Telfair County Tax Appraiser.
- The Telfair County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Telfair County.
- The Telfair County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Telfair County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Telfair County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Telfair County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Telfair County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-868-2896. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Telfair County assessor's office at 229-868-7997. Please call the assessor's office in McRae before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352