Spalding County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Spalding County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Spalding County, Georgia. You can contact the Spalding County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Spalding County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
P.O. Box 1087The Spalding County Assessor's Office is located in Griffin, Georgia. Griffin is the county seat of Spalding County, where most local government offices are located.
Spalding County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Spalding County Information
Spalding County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Spalding County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Spalding County Tax Appraiser.
- The Spalding County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Spalding County.
- The Spalding County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Spalding County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Spalding County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Spalding County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Spalding County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-467-4240. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Spalding County assessor's office at 770-467-4247. Please call the assessor's office in Griffin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Spalding County Courthouse at 770-467-4200.