Screven County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Screven County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Screven County, Georgia. You can contact the Screven County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Screven County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Screven County Assessor's Office is located in Sylvania, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Screven County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Screven County Information
Screven County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Screven County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Screven County Tax Appraiser.
- The Screven County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Screven County.
- The Screven County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Screven County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Screven County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Screven County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Screven County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-564-7918. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Screven County assessor's office at 912-564-5617. Please call the assessor's office in Sylvania before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352