Rockdale County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Rockdale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rockdale County, Georgia. You can contact the Rockdale County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Rockdale County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
922 Court St NEThe Rockdale County Assessor's Office is located in Conyers, Georgia. Conyers is the county seat of Rockdale County, where most local government offices are located.
Rockdale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rockdale County Information
Rockdale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rockdale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rockdale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rockdale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rockdale County.
- The Rockdale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rockdale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rockdale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rockdale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rockdale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-278-7676. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rockdale County assessor's office at 770-918-6433. Please call the assessor's office in Conyers before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rockdale County Courthouse at 770-929-4053.