Rabun County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Rabun County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rabun County, Georgia. You can contact the Rabun County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Rabun County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
19 Jo Dotson Circle - Suite 121The Rabun County Assessor's Office is located in Clayton, Georgia. Clayton is the county seat of Rabun County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Rabun County Courthouse, at 19 Jo Dotson Circle, Suite 121.
Rabun County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rabun County Information
Rabun County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rabun County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rabun County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rabun County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rabun County.
- The Rabun County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rabun County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rabun County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rabun County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rabun County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-782-5068. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rabun County assessor's office at 706-782-7388. Please call the assessor's office in Clayton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rabun County Courthouse at 706-782-5271.