Quitman County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Quitman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Quitman County, Georgia. You can contact the Quitman County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Quitman County property tax due date
25 Old School RoadThe Quitman County Assessor's Office is located in Georgetown, Georgia. Georgetown is the county seat of Quitman County, where most local government offices are located.
Quitman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Quitman County Information
Quitman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Quitman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Quitman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Quitman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Quitman County.
- The Quitman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Quitman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Quitman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Quitman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Quitman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-334-2159. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Quitman County assessor's office at 229-334-3991. Please call the assessor's office in Georgetown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Po Box 114 at 229-334-0903.