Pickens County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Pickens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pickens County, Georgia. You can contact the Pickens County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Pickens County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
52 N Main StreetThe Pickens County Assessor's Office is located in Jasper, Georgia. Jasper is the county seat of Pickens County, where most local government offices are located.
Pickens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pickens County Information
Pickens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pickens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pickens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pickens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pickens County.
- The Pickens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pickens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pickens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pickens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pickens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-253-8700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pickens County assessor's office at 706-253-8703. Please call the assessor's office in Jasper before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Courthouse at 706-253-8809.