Peach County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Peach County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Peach County, Georgia. You can contact the Peach County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Peach County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
205 W Church St Ste 204The Peach County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Valley, Georgia. Fort Valley is the county seat of Peach County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Peach County Courthouse, at 205 West Church Street, Suite 221.
Peach County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Peach County Information
Peach County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Peach County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Peach County Tax Appraiser.
- The Peach County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Peach County.
- The Peach County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Peach County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Peach County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Peach County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Peach County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-825-5924. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Peach County assessor's office at 478-825-2678. Please call the assessor's office in Fort Valley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Peach County Courthouse at 478-825-2535.