Oglethorpe County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Oglethorpe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oglethorpe County, Georgia. You can contact the Oglethorpe County Assessor for:
- Checking the Oglethorpe County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 261The Oglethorpe County Assessor's Office is located in Lexington, Georgia. Lexington is the county seat of Oglethorpe County, where most local government offices are located.
Oglethorpe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oglethorpe County Information
Oglethorpe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oglethorpe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oglethorpe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oglethorpe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oglethorpe County.
- The Oglethorpe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oglethorpe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oglethorpe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oglethorpe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oglethorpe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-743-5166. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Oglethorpe County assessor's office at 706-743-8219. Please call the assessor's office in Lexington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oglethorpe County Courthouse at 706-743-5270.