Oconee County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Oconee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oconee County, Georgia. You can contact the Oconee County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Oconee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 145The Oconee County Assessor's Office is located in the Oconee County Courthouse in Watkinsville, Georgia. Watkinsville is the county seat of Oconee County, where most local government offices are located.
Oconee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oconee County Information
Oconee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oconee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oconee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oconee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oconee County.
- The Oconee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oconee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oconee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oconee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oconee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-769-3921. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Oconee County assessor's office at 706-769-3964. Please call the assessor's office in Watkinsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oconee County Courthouse at 706-769-5120.