Muscogee County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Muscogee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Muscogee County, Georgia. You can contact the Muscogee County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Muscogee County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Muscogee County Assessor's Office is located in Columbus, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Muscogee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Muscogee County Information
Muscogee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Muscogee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Muscogee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Muscogee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Muscogee County.
- The Muscogee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Muscogee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Muscogee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Muscogee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Muscogee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-653-4398. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Muscogee County assessor's office at 706-653-4397. Please call the assessor's office in Columbus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352