Morgan County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Morgan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morgan County, Georgia. You can contact the Morgan County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Morgan County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 168The Morgan County Assessor's Office is located in Madison, Georgia. Madison is the county seat of Morgan County, where most local government offices are located.
Morgan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Morgan County Information
Morgan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morgan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morgan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morgan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morgan County.
- The Morgan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morgan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morgan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morgan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morgan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-342-0551. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Madison before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morgan County Courthouse at 706-342-0725.