Miller County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Miller County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Miller County, Georgia. You can contact the Miller County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Miller County property tax due date
155 S. First StreetThe Miller County Assessor's Office is located in Colquitt, Georgia. Colquitt is the county seat of Miller County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Miller County Courthouse, at 155 South First Street, Room 6.
Miller County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Miller County Information
Miller County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Miller County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Miller County Tax Appraiser.
- The Miller County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Miller County.
- The Miller County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Miller County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Miller County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Miller County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Miller County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-758-4100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Colquitt before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Miller County Courthouse at 229-758-4104.