Meriwether County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Meriwether County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Meriwether County, Georgia. You can contact the Meriwether County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Meriwether County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Meriwether County Assessor's Office is located in Greenville, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Meriwether County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Meriwether County Information
Meriwether County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Meriwether County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Meriwether County Tax Appraiser.
- The Meriwether County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Meriwether County.
- The Meriwether County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Meriwether County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Meriwether County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Meriwether County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Meriwether County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-672-4222. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Meriwether County assessor's office at 706-672-6637. Please call the assessor's office in Greenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352