McDuffie County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The McDuffie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McDuffie County, Georgia. You can contact the McDuffie County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the McDuffie County property tax due date
210 Railroad StreetThe McDuffie County Assessor's Office is located in Thomson, Georgia. Thomson is the county seat of McDuffie County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mcduffie County Courthouse, at 210 Railroad Street.
McDuffie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McDuffie County Information
McDuffie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McDuffie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McDuffie County Tax Appraiser.
- The McDuffie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McDuffie County.
- The McDuffie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McDuffie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McDuffie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McDuffie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McDuffie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-595-2128. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McDuffie County assessor's office at 706-595-2129. Please call the assessor's office in Thomson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcduffie County Courthouse at 706-595-2100.