Liberty County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Liberty County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Liberty County, Georgia. You can contact the Liberty County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Liberty County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 829The Liberty County Assessor's Office is located in Hinesville, Georgia. Hinesville is the county seat of Liberty County, where most local government offices are located.
Liberty County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Liberty County Information
Liberty County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Liberty County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Liberty County Tax Appraiser.
- The Liberty County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Liberty County.
- The Liberty County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Liberty County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Liberty County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Liberty County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Liberty County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-876-2823. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Liberty County assessor's office at 912-876-2870. Please call the assessor's office in Hinesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Liberty County Courthouse at 912-876-2164.