Jeff Davis County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Jeff Davis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jeff Davis County, Georgia. You can contact the Jeff Davis County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Jeff Davis County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 602The Jeff Davis County Assessor's Office is located in Hazlehurst, Georgia. Hazlehurst is the county seat of Jeff Davis County, where most local government offices are located.
Jeff Davis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Jeff Davis County Information
Jeff Davis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jeff Davis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jeff Davis County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jeff Davis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jeff Davis County.
- The Jeff Davis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jeff Davis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jeff Davis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jeff Davis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jeff Davis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-375-6624. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jeff Davis County assessor's office at 912-206-2021. Please call the assessor's office in Hazlehurst before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jeff Davis County Courthouse at 912-375-6611.