Irwin County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Irwin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Irwin County, Georgia. You can contact the Irwin County Assessor for:
- Checking the Irwin County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
207 S Irwin AveThe Irwin County Assessor's Office is located in Ocilla, Georgia. Ocilla is the county seat of Irwin County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Irwin County government, at 202 South Irwin Avenue.
Irwin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Irwin County Information
Irwin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Irwin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Irwin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Irwin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Irwin County.
- The Irwin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Irwin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Irwin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Irwin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Irwin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-468-5514. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Irwin County assessor's office at 229-468-5681. Please call the assessor's office in Ocilla before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Irwin County government at 229-468-9441.