Houston County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Houston County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Houston County, Georgia. You can contact the Houston County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Houston County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
200 Carl Vinson PkwyThe Houston County Assessor's Office is located in Perry, Georgia. Perry is the county seat of Houston County, where most local government offices are located.
Houston County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Houston County Information
Houston County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Houston County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Houston County Tax Appraiser.
- The Houston County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Houston County.
- The Houston County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Houston County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Houston County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Houston County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Houston County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-218-4750. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Perry before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Houston County government at 478-542-2115.