Heard County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Heard County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Heard County, Georgia. You can contact the Heard County Assessor for:
- Checking the Heard County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 40The Heard County Assessor's Office is located in Franklin, Georgia. Franklin is the county seat of Heard County, where most local government offices are located.
Heard County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Heard County Information
Heard County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Heard County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Heard County Tax Appraiser.
- The Heard County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Heard County.
- The Heard County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Heard County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Heard County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Heard County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Heard County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-675-3786. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Heard County assessor's office at 706-675-1123. Please call the assessor's office in Franklin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Heard County Courthouse at 706-675-3821.