Haralson County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Haralson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Haralson County, Georgia. You can contact the Haralson County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Haralson County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 489The Haralson County Assessor's Office is located in Buchanan, Georgia. Buchanan is the county seat of Haralson County, where most local government offices are located.
Haralson County Assessor Contact Information
Haralson County Assessor Address
Haralson County Tax Assessor
4266 Georgia Hwy 120
Buchanan, GA 30113
Haralson County Assessor Phone Number
Haralson County Assessor's Website
Additional Haralson County Information
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Haralson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Haralson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Haralson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Haralson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Haralson County.
- The Haralson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Haralson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Haralson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Haralson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Haralson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-646-2022. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Haralson County assessor's office at 770-646-2050. Please call the assessor's office in Buchanan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Haralson County government at 770-646-2002.
Find the tax assessor for a different Georgia county
Find property records for Haralson County
The median property tax in Haralson County, Georgia is $759.00