Gwinnett County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Gwinnett County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gwinnett County, Georgia. You can contact the Gwinnett County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Gwinnett County property tax due date
75 Langley DrThe Gwinnett County Assessor's Office is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Lawrenceville is the county seat of Gwinnett County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gwinnett County Justice & Admin. Building, at 75 Langley Drive.
Gwinnett County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gwinnett County Information
Gwinnett County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gwinnett County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gwinnett County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gwinnett County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gwinnett County.
- The Gwinnett County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gwinnett County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gwinnett County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gwinnett County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gwinnett County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-822-7212. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gwinnett County assessor's office at 770-822-7204. Please call the assessor's office in Lawrenceville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gwinnett County Justice & Admin. Building at 770-822-8000.