Glascock County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Glascock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Glascock County, Georgia. You can contact the Glascock County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Glascock County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 66The Glascock County Assessor's Office is located in Gibson, Georgia. Gibson is the county seat of Glascock County, where most local government offices are located.
Glascock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Glascock County Information
Glascock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Glascock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Glascock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Glascock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Glascock County.
- The Glascock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Glascock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Glascock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Glascock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Glascock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-598-2863. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Glascock County assessor's office at 706-598-2793. Please call the assessor's office in Gibson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Glascock County Courthouse at 706-598-2671.