Fulton County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Fulton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fulton County, Georgia. You can contact the Fulton County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Fulton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
141 Pryor St SWThe Fulton County Assessor's Office is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta is the county seat of Fulton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fulton County Courthouse, at 141 Pryor Street, Suite 2052.
Fulton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fulton County Information
Fulton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fulton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fulton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fulton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fulton County.
- The Fulton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fulton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fulton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fulton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fulton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 404-730-6440. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Atlanta before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fulton County Courthouse at 404-730-4000.