Evans County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Evans County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Evans County, Georgia. You can contact the Evans County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Evans County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Evans County Assessor's Office is located in Claxton, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Evans County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Evans County Information
Evans County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Evans County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Evans County Tax Appraiser.
- The Evans County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Evans County.
- The Evans County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Evans County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Evans County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Evans County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Evans County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-739-1147. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Evans County assessor's office at 912-739-1153. Please call the assessor's office in Claxton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352