Emanuel County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Emanuel County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Emanuel County, Georgia. You can contact the Emanuel County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Emanuel County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 787The Emanuel County Assessor's Office is located in Swainsboro, Georgia. Swainsboro is the county seat of Emanuel County, where most local government offices are located.
Emanuel County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Emanuel County Information
Emanuel County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Emanuel County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Emanuel County Tax Appraiser.
- The Emanuel County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Emanuel County.
- The Emanuel County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Emanuel County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Emanuel County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Emanuel County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Emanuel County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-237-1222. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Emanuel County assessor's office at 478-237-8152. Please call the assessor's office in Swainsboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Emanuel County Office Building at 478-237-3881.