Elbert County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Elbert County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Elbert County, Georgia. You can contact the Elbert County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Elbert County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
40 Forest AveThe Elbert County Assessor's Office is located in Elberton, Georgia. Elberton is the county seat of Elbert County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Elbert County Courthouse, at 45 Forest Avenue.
Elbert County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Elbert County Information
Elbert County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Elbert County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Elbert County Tax Appraiser.
- The Elbert County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Elbert County.
- The Elbert County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Elbert County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Elbert County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Elbert County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Elbert County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-283-2008. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Elberton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Elbert County Courthouse at 706-283-2000.