Effingham County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Effingham County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Effingham County, Georgia. You can contact the Effingham County Assessor for:
- Checking the Effingham County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
601 N Laurel StThe Effingham County Assessor's Office is located in Springfield, Georgia. Springfield is the county seat of Effingham County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Effingham County Courthouse, at 601 North Lauren Street.
Effingham County Assessor Contact Information
Effingham County Assessor Address
Effingham County Tax Assessor
601 North Lauren Street
Springfield, GA 31329
Effingham County Assessor Phone Number
Effingham County Assessor's Website
Additional Effingham County Information
Property Tax Search and Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) Find Effingham County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Effingham County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Effingham County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Effingham County Tax Appraiser.
- The Effingham County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Effingham County.
- The Effingham County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Effingham County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Effingham County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Effingham County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Effingham County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-754-2143. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Springfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Effingham County Courthouse at 912-754-2123.
Find the tax assessor for a different Georgia county
Find property records for Effingham County
The median property tax in Effingham County, Georgia is $1,574.00