Echols County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Echols County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Echols County, Georgia. You can contact the Echols County Assessor for:
- Checking the Echols County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Echols County Assessor's Office is located in Statenville, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Echols County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Echols County Information
Echols County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Echols County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Echols County Tax Appraiser.
- The Echols County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Echols County.
- The Echols County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Echols County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Echols County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Echols County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Echols County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-559-7370. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Echols County assessor's office at 229-559-3842. Please call the assessor's office in Statenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352