Early County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Early County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Early County, Georgia. You can contact the Early County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Early County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 693The Early County Assessor's Office is located in Blakely, Georgia. Blakely is the county seat of Early County, where most local government offices are located.
Early County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Early County Information
Early County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Early County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Early County Tax Appraiser.
- The Early County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Early County.
- The Early County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Early County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Early County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Early County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Early County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-723-3088. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Early County assessor's office at 229-723-8477. Please call the assessor's office in Blakely before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Early County Administration Building at 229-723-4432.