Dooly County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Dooly County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dooly County, Georgia. You can contact the Dooly County Assessor for:
- Checking the Dooly County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 322The Dooly County Assessor's Office is located in Vienna, Georgia. Vienna is the county seat of Dooly County, where most local government offices are located.
Dooly County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dooly County Information
Dooly County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dooly County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dooly County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dooly County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dooly County.
- The Dooly County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dooly County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dooly County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dooly County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dooly County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-268-4719. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dooly County assessor's office at 229-268-6849. Please call the assessor's office in Vienna before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dooly County government at 229-268-4228.