Decatur County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Decatur County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Decatur County, Georgia. You can contact the Decatur County Assessor for:
- Checking the Decatur County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 726The Decatur County Assessor's Office is located in Bainbridge, Georgia. Bainbridge is the county seat of Decatur County, where most local government offices are located.
Decatur County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Decatur County Information
Decatur County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Decatur County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Decatur County Tax Appraiser.
- The Decatur County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Decatur County.
- The Decatur County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Decatur County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Decatur County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Decatur County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Decatur County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-248-3008. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Decatur County assessor's office at 229-248-3053. Please call the assessor's office in Bainbridge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Decatur County Courthouse at 229-248-3030.