Crawford County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Crawford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crawford County, Georgia. You can contact the Crawford County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Crawford County property tax due date
PO BOX 1059The Crawford County Assessor's Office is located in Roberta, Georgia.
Crawford County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crawford County Information
Crawford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crawford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crawford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crawford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crawford County.
- The Crawford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crawford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crawford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crawford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crawford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-836-2800. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crawford County assessor's office at 478-836-2229. Please call the assessor's office in Roberta before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crawford County Courthouse at 478-836-3782.