Cook County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Cook County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cook County, Georgia. You can contact the Cook County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Cook County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1200 S Hutchinson AveThe Cook County Assessor's Office is located in Adel, Georgia. Adel is the county seat of Cook County, where most local government offices are located.
Cook County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cook County Information
Cook County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cook County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cook County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cook County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cook County.
- The Cook County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cook County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cook County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cook County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cook County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-896-3665. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cook County assessor's office at 229-896-3977. Please call the assessor's office in Adel before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cook County Courthouse at 229-896-2266.