Colquitt County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Colquitt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Colquitt County, Georgia. You can contact the Colquitt County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Colquitt County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Colquitt County Assessor's Office is located in Moultrie, Georgia.
Colquitt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Colquitt County Information
Colquitt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Colquitt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Colquitt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Colquitt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Colquitt County.
- The Colquitt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Colquitt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Colquitt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Colquitt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Colquitt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-616-7425. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Colquitt County assessor's office at 229-616-7428. Please call the assessor's office in Moultrie before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.