Clinch County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Clinch County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clinch County, Georgia. You can contact the Clinch County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Clinch County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
22 Court SqThe Clinch County Assessor's Office is located in Homerville, Georgia. Homerville is the county seat of Clinch County, where most local government offices are located.
Clinch County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clinch County Information
Clinch County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clinch County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clinch County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clinch County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clinch County.
- The Clinch County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clinch County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clinch County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clinch County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clinch County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-487-2561. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clinch County assessor's office at 912-487-3083. Please call the assessor's office in Homerville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clinch County Courthouse at 912-487-2667.