Chattooga County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Chattooga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chattooga County, Georgia. You can contact the Chattooga County Assessor for:
- Checking the Chattooga County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 211The Chattooga County Assessor's Office is located in the Chattooga Courthouse Annex in Summerville, Georgia. Summerville is the county seat of Chattooga County, where most local government offices are located.
Chattooga County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Chattooga County Information
Chattooga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chattooga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chattooga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chattooga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chattooga County.
- The Chattooga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chattooga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chattooga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chattooga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chattooga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-857-0737. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Chattooga County assessor's office at 706-857-0748. Please call the assessor's office in Summerville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chattooga County Courthouse at 706-857-0700.